Banishment

Patricia Horton horton at dhostwo.convex.com
Fri Mar 31 13:53:48 PST 1995

>>We have a person who has charges filed against him that involves an
>>alleged crime against a child, one incidence of which occured at one of our
>>events.
>
>This is new!  I heard that the parents were too scared to press charges.  I
>applaud these people for standing up for their children.  I have a question.
 >What keeps you from telling us this person's name?  I would like to know,
>because I usually end up babysitting children at an event.  If this person
>were to show up, I wouldn't know not to let the children near him.

The incident I am talking of is different from the one you are speaking of.
The person with charges filed happened before the 2nd incident we found
out about, and since have sorted out the details. The 1st indicent is inthe
hands of the police in Oklahoma. I will be distributing a copy of the
newspaper article to the Seneschals in the Northern Region as this person's
travel is being limited by the courts. I have mixed feelings spreading the
name any further than that. I am torn by anger that someone could do
such a thing, but also believe strongly in the US Constitution that he is
innocent until proven guilty. So, I have chosen, right or wrong, to limit
the publicity to the area that can be affected for now. I will revisit the
situation later if he is convicted, but then he will be in jail.

Maire