ansteorra V1 #46

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Tue May 23 09:20:57 PDT 1995

        Reply to:   RE>>ansteorra V1 #46

Antonio Bastiano states:

Last night I had the misfortune of losing over thirty-five pistoles against
an excellent opponent of Shove-Groat.

Pray tell Antonio, what be these strange pistoles? Are these some strange
coins of the Italians or French? Or be they some strange sausages? Perhaps
they be some unusual peppers from the Spanish New World? If, as I suspect,
they are coins, of what value are they? Is this a large loss, or that of a
night's
stay in a lowly inn somewhere.

Delving into the mysteries of this strange world, I remain,
    Stefan li Rous