Early Percussion Instrum

Leslie Miller miller at pp.okstate.edu
Wed May 24 09:05:27 PDT 1995

> >If someone can speak authoritatively on a period subject, and is notan SCA
> >member, do we invite them to speak?

Mooneschadowe has brought in non SCA speakers to teach a variety of
A&S classes, everything from "Period Musical Instruments" to
"the Poetic Edda", to "Herbalism", to "How the Plague Led to the
Renaissance" (or something along those lines.... it was a very
interesting class).  I've heard that some of our members are scheming
to bring in a professor to assist in translating some of the Latin in
the period music they've been learning...

We've found that there are people on and off campus who
love sharing their esoteric interests.  Often they're thrilled to
be invited to do a short class for people who are genuinely
interesed in what they've got to say.  If you can find them, use
them, I say.  Some of our best A&S meetings have revolved around non
SCA guest speakers.

Gunhilda
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Stillwater, OK