Early Percussion Instruments

fossum at austin.ibm.com fossum at austin.ibm.com
Tue May 23 15:39:33 PDT 1995

I have recently made the acquaintance of a woman who writes books which talk
about the history of percussion instruments from about 900 CE through around
1750 CE.  She was quite erudite, and she has been known to give talks on the
subject.  It occurred to me that this would be a wonderful thing to have at
King's College, but I don't know who to put her in touch with (if anybody).

If someone can speak authoritatively on a period subject, and is not an SCA
member, do we invite them to speak?  Can they be paid, if the material is
captivating enough?  I don't even know when and where King's College will be
held this year.

Who might I have her talk to?

Thorbiorn Nordstrom
mka Gordon Fossum