Stepps Warlord

otto at bga.com otto at bga.com
Wed May 17 14:41:55 PDT 1995

>Can someone post or email me the info on Stepps Warlord?  Thanks a lot.
>
>Susan           sjohns at mail.utexas.edu
>in SCA:  Elaine Rien
>Austin, Tx/Bryn Gwlad

Hi, Otto here.

Here's some info on Steppes Warlord XXII.

Dates: May 26-29.
Location: Canton First Monday Trade Days Grounds, Canton, TX.

Warlord Tournament:  Saturday.
  Format to be announced by His Royal Majesty Mikael.

Bardic Competition:  Sunday Evening.
  Catagories:  Best Song, Best Story, Best Poem, Best Documented Period Piece,
  Best Original Piece, Best Piece on Steppes History.

Archery Competition:  Sunday.
  Royal Round Archery Tournament.

Rapier Prize Tourney:  Sunday
  Sponsored by House Porto.

Knife/Ax/Spear Throw.
On-Site Embroidery Contest.
Dessert Contest.
Gaming Tourney.
Arts and Sciences Display.
Meeting of Ministers' of Children.

Site:  Opens 4pm Friday, closes on noon Monday.
       Electricity, running water, hot showers, flush toilets.
       Wet, Period containers.
       No pets or Ground Fires.

       Adults:  $10.00
       Children (6-12):  $5.00
       Children (5-):  Free

       Nuclear Family:  No more than $30.00

       Non-members:  $3.00 surcharge

       Non-family minors must be accompanied by notorized guardianship papers.
       Limit 2 non-family members per adult.

Directions:  Take I-20 east of Dallas to Exit #526(FM859).  South on 859 to
Canton
             Trade Days Site, turn left, follow Trade Days and SCA signs to
Troll.

Autocrats:  LD Martin Flamebeard/George Martindale
            LY Llereth Wyddffa an Myrddin/Lee Martindale
            al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra/Mike Baker
            (214) 275-4214.  Not After 9pm.
            Lee Martindale, PO Box 181716, Dallas, TX 75218

Source:  May XXX, Black Star.