families

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Mon May 22 13:23:18 PDT 1995

        Reply to:   RE>families

Michael says:

When a group gives a discount to a family of specific sort, they make it
harder on any family which does not fit that mold. It discourages
diversity, and just add on just a bit more hassle to people who are already
hassled to begin with.

I tend to define a family as the person or persons who have taken on the
responsibilty of raising a child and try not to make any other constraints
on
that.

To which my reply is:

I think you need to revisit your own definition, for I feel it violates
your previous paragraph. Your definition is saying that myself and
my lady wife are not a family since we do not have children.  From
a practical standpoint, it means little since we don't come close
to the maximum charge as Mordraut tried to point out to you from
his standpoint in an earlier message.

You seem to think it easy to come up with a workable definition.
You've put a lot of effort in to opposing the definition the folks
in The Steppes chose to use. If it's so easy, please put some of
Your effort into coming up with a good, short definition and post
it here. Your first attempt falls short. Let's see you put your efforts
up for the critisim you seem to fling so easily.

Stefan li Rous

(By the way, Mordraut, do you feel "hassled"?)