Early Percussion Instrum

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue May 23 18:49:16 PDT 1995

>I think it is still to be decided. The idea of putting in a bid by Bryn
>Gwlad was discussed recently. It is an event I have considered
>autocrating for several years. For instance, I'd love to have a string
>of classes taught in persona similar to the ones taught at the
>Enchanted Grounds at Pennsic. I'd love to have some period cooking
>classes scheduled around lunchtime.  I'd like to have SCA classes
>(how to be an autocrat) as well as craft classes.
>
>What would other people like to see? What would you come for? What
>would you Not come for?

I would be willing to teach some period cooking classes at King's College
whether its discussing recipe sources and designing a menu & schedule for a
feast or actually cooking something if facilities were available.

I would like to take classes on:
-tablet weaving - double-face weave and brocade
-Ansteorran customs and traditions
-Period accessorizing (jewelry, belts, hats, etc)
-Combat archery - how to get involved, what is needed, how to make arrows, etc
-How to play the hammered dulcimer
-How to play the recorder
-Simple Jewelry making
-Period candle making