Early Percussion Instruments

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed May 24 06:10:25 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Robert G. Ferrell to All]

 RGF> As to overall King's
 RGF> College info- contact Thomas of Tenby (512-458-1485;
 RGF> sere55a at prodigy.com).

Darn Welshman beat me to it <g>.  (Thanks, Cynric.  I was beginning to wonder
if anyone was going to mention Thomas...)

 RGF> As a former Kingdom MoAS, I have a fair
 RGF> amount of info on King's College, as well.

Ditto, here (twice - myself and Eimile).

 RGF> No one knows details on
 RGF> where and when yet..it has become rather haphazard in recent years.

It seems to me that we had a fairly good system going back when is was being
held in the Shadowlands every year (but my memory may be failing, or maybe
it's just these maroon-colord glasses <g>).

Eimile and I tried several times early in our tenure as KMoAS to get a
permanent date for KC and KA&S, even so little as just a target month, but
were unsuccessful.  Our preference was for Labor Day Weekend, since most folks
have that Monday off.  It would balance Steppes Warlord on the other 3-day
weekend (Memorial Day) and would have given us lots of time for more classes,
some long workshops, and multiple sessions of the more popular classes.  We
were told that LDW needed to be kept open for wars, but eventually it was
given to Wiesenfeuer for their guaranteed date.

Until someone succeeds in gaining Kingdom A&S events the same status and
protection in Kingdom Law  as the Guaranteed Baronial events, Queen's
Champion, Crown Tourney, and Coronation, we can probably expect we'll have to
continue to put up with "haphazard."

 RGF> There is absolutely nothing intrinsically wrong with non-SCA
 RGF> participants teaching classes on period subjects.
 [...]

Agreed.  I wish we did this more often.  If the KMoAS had a list of willing
such people that could be sent to branches planning collegia, perhaps it would
(folks, that's a hint).

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable