Water

Fox Purtill blackfox at eden.com
Mon Nov 6 11:03:52 PST 1995

Minor tirade follows:

 As the Bryn Gwlad Waterbearer Officer I find it within my duty to strees
and overstress the need to be drinking non-alcoholic fluids (water
preferred) even with the cooler temperatures.  I realize most of you feel
this is redundant, but today at my work one of our employees dropped because
of dehydration.  He said he had been drinking sodas so he should be fin.
NOT TRUE!  Caffine in most soda and teas will defeat you too!  Same for
coffee.  Alcohol isn't useful either.  There's a reason it's called Waterbearer.
 sugar in small amount is fine, but please stay away from caffinated drinks.
If the cold is getting to you warm apple cider works well.  I am not the
kingdom Waterbeaer, but it is a kingdom wide concern.  Drink the propper
fluids, even in cold weather.

Ok, I'm done.  Sorry to take up your bandwidth on a pet peeve.

----
You can lead a horse to water, but we make you drink

Lord Squire elitist-militant-waterbearer Crispin Lechtscaerpne Starblade
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra - House Starblade (aka-Fox Anton Purtill)
blackfox at eden.com | starblad at eden.com |  {anyname}@trueblue.com)