joining SCA

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Nov 7 07:51:07 PST 1995

Brian Misamore says:

>I'm interested in joining the SCA (or at least getting some more
>information about it).  I live in NW Houston (Champions Park North if
>that helps) and I figured this is where I should go.  If you can
>direct me to someone or tell me what to do, I'd be more that thankful.
>  It seems the SCA is a fine organization, and I'd love to find out a
>little bit more.

I have a section of my SCA files for newcomers and there are some files
there that might be of interest to you. One is an introduction to the
SCA which is periodically posted on the Rialto (rec.org.sca).

These files can be found at:
http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~gl8f/rialto/rialto.html

Or I can send them by email.

You might also want to buy or get a look at a book published by SCA Inc.
in Milpitas, CA called the "Known World Handbook". It is about half an
inch thick, costs about $13 and is full of articles on SCA history,
tradition, simple medieval clothing, feasts, SCA armor and combat and
crafts such as calligraphy and embroidery.

Most activities are centered around your local group. Hopefully someone
here from your area will contact you.

Stefan li Rous       Barony of Bryn Gwlad        Ansteorra
Per pale gules and or, a ram's head caboshed, counterchanged

  Mark S. Harris    markh at risc.sps.mot.com     Austin, TX