Question for our time(s)

Jennifer Kubenka jkubenka at post.cis.smu.edu
Tue Nov 21 23:34:46 PST 1995

On 21 Nov 95 at 10:12, James Crouchet wrote:

> I have a question for you all. What do you do to bring the romance
> of the SCA's time period into your love relationships? (I am mostly
> looking for examples of romantic things to do, not a write up about
> your love life.)

Aah, 'tis a most thought-provoking question you've offered forth.

My lord Archibald write me poetry; however, as much as Ld Llywelyn
Gruffydd has written earlier, he has been happy as of late, and is
not "suffering" enough to write.  I find this to be an interesting
concept myself.

We do not share music-making together, but perhaps that shall change,
as he shows an interest in learning the recorder.  I would like that
very much.

I find that it is in smaller things that Archibald brings his
"Societal" behavior into the 20th century.  For one, I am one of
those people whose brain becomes engaged in the next thing before my
body gets to wherever it is it needs to be going to do accomplish the
next thing, and so tend to run into things, or generally fall into a
rather klutzish happenstance.  Always, his arms are there to reach
for me and help me retain my balance, or to provide guidance so that
I do not run into the corner of the table.

I find small gifts in odd places, oftentimes.  A rose laying atop my
ever-present sewing basket.  A small piece of some favorite sweet
next to my coffee mug in the mornings.

Emher ni Maille