Squires

ches at tristero.io.com ches at tristero.io.com
Fri Nov 3 15:19:56 PST 1995

---------------Original Message---------------
Not playing Amtgard and
knowing you have many kinds of Knighthoods and
 are a LAPG (not many SCAers consider
themselves such) I don't know if this is what you
need.

There are a few knights (Kien, Galen, Conner
 -through his lady-) and a few squires (Alisha,
Cynric, Caladin, Corwin, etc.) hopefully more will reply.

Lorraine DeerSlayer,
Raven's Fort, Ansteorra
Amatuer Anthropologist
----------End of Original Message----------

Thank you, this by far the one I identify with the best.  All the private answers, ( a
large amount of them!) ring of the same tone.  As Amtgard is inspired by the
SCA and we recognize it as our Grandfather organization the feelings are much
the same.  Here it is a squire's market.  There are so many good candidates
that the person being considered for the honor can pick and choose who their
Knight will be thus there is a high ratio of squires to Knight.  I have seen a large
number of squires suffer badly from this and never be knighted.  They were once
great candidates but lack of attention and instruction has foiled their chances.  I
chose my Knight, one of the founders of our organization, and learn more
about what I would be by learning from his mistakes, he is a good hearted man
but tends to get into more trouble than he really means to.  This is why I have
approached this list for help where I lack knowledge.  Thanks!
Ciao
Ches
E-mail: Ches at io.com
This message was sent by Chameleon