Majordomo configuration...

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 10 05:26:41 PST 1995

Good Morning one and all,

  This message is going to 2 mailing lists and the Administrators of
  Eden Matrix, so it will try to cover things for all of them.

  Over the last few days, there has been no mail on the Ansteorra and
  Bryn Gwlad mailing lists, as well as probably others. This was due to
  Eden Matrix installing a new mailserver and not checking the
  configuration beforehand. When the system changed, a link for the
  sendmail executable was not transfered to the new system and the
  Majordomo scripts started failing since it was not in the expected
  place. (I don't know why these weren't noticed in the postmaster
  logs, except that I didn't get bounces back to myself for them, so
  they may not have been sent out.)

  This morning I put that link in place and verified that the mailing
  lists once again work. I appologize for any inconviences caused by
  this, unfortunately it was out of my control but it is resolved. If
  there are any other peculiarities noticed in this area, please let me
  know immediately.

  On a side note, some of the mail for the ansteorra list may appear in
  your mailbox more than once. This is an unfortunate side-affect of me
  resending it, and possibly resending it "incorrectly" by hand as well
  as sending too many days of the old material.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"