Shinai

Kat KAL35810 at Jetson.UH.EDU
Wed Nov 15 07:55:04 PST 1995

One argument against Shinai has been that "We have a very active Chivalric and
Rapier community.  Why would anyone want to fight Shinai?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the arguments used against
Rapier combat when it was first introduced?  "We have a very active Chivalric
community.  Why would anyone want to fight Rapier?"  In fact, this argument
is still being used in many kingdoms outside of Ansteorra, such as the Midrealm and Meridies.  Change is not *necessarily* a bad thing.

HL Katerina Aretino