Question for our time(s)

Nan Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:58:53 PST 1995

>I would also suggest books.....The Wolf and the Dove is a great romantic
>historical novel about William the Conqueror. Amanda Quick if also a favorite
>aurthor.
>
>Ysoulde
>Barony of Bonwicke
>House Crane

Well...William shows up in one chapter, *but* the love scenes are pretty
good.  Another really good one is Martha Rofheart's __Fortune Made His
Sword__, a  romanticized account of Henry V's rise to the throne and the
Battle of Agincourt.

Conor did something early in our relationship that was very courtly-love
like and touched me:  One day I came out to my car to go to work and there
was a rose on the seat, then when I left work for home there was one in the
car again and then when I got home there was one on my door with a note
that said, "Third time's the charm, to win your heart, of course."  It
worked!  Since then I've found things maybe not so "medievally romantic,"
but they could be substitutes, like my truck freshly washed and waxed and
full of Happy Birthday balloons when I got to it after work on my birthday!
He very often trades armor for fabric, trim, and jewelry for me, also!

Catherine.