Question for our time(s)

Todd Marsh tmarsh at airmail.net
Tue Nov 21 21:27:29 PST 1995

Don Savian asked:
>I have a question for you all. What do you do to bring the romance of the
>SCA's time period into your love relationships?

A few days after we met, I sent Xarazena a sonnet I wrote about our meeting.
On our wedding night, she gave me a book of poems to inspire more.  She
complains that I haven't written any poetry for her lately, but I reply that
an artist must suffer for their art, and I've been too happy too write
poetry since out marriage.  (Although I'm working on one...something about
my lady's attentions being stolen by our kingdom.)

Galen of Bristol tells of a time when he was separated from his (now) lady
wife Alisandra for 2 weeks, and wrote her a sonnet every day.  He's
obviously a better poet than I am.

Xarazena and I share music, also.  There's nothing quite so much fun as
singing or playing together.

I pray that this rude answer finds favor with you, even as I pray for your
continued health and long life together.  Written in haste (for my lady
awaits) on this the 4th day after the celebration of Queen Elizabeth's
ascension to the throne, in the XVIIth year of Ansteorra.

Llywelyn Gruffydd