Court Heraldry Question...

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Tue Oct 10 08:02:43 PDT 1995

On Mon, 9 Oct 1995 C11Hartel at aol.com wrote:

[...]
> The Real question: DOES A COURT HERALD ASK A VIVAT FOR THE NOBLE HOLDING
> COURT FOR THEIR MAJESTIES, and if so, WHERE DOES IT COME IN AT?

The short answer is, no.

If they happen to be baron and baroness of the place the court is being
held, then you vivat them for being the local rulers, not really for
holding court for their magesties.

However, if they tell you to (and you could ask ahead of time) then do
it. As we make up some quantity of our court stuff anyway, it is not
possible to say exactly what is "right" or "wrong". If it works for the
ruling noble and violtes no laws, it is right.

Savian