Court Heraldry Question...

C11Hartel at aol.com C11Hartel at aol.com
Mon Oct 9 17:29:23 PDT 1995

Greetings fellow h(H)eralds and all others who scan these words.  This past
weekend at Tempio's Samhain Stew I heralded Court for Their Majesties with
Her Excellency Regina
residing in their absence.  The question I have is in closing the court.  I
really flubbed up and would LOVE to know the correct procedure.  I closed as
follows:
VIVAT REX
VIVAT REGINA

(LONG PAUSE, was I to Vivat Her Excellency for having run the Court?)

VIVAT TEMPIO
VIVAT ANSTEORRA

As I froze after vivating Her Majesty (and looked very silly) the populace
began shouting the Vivats for Tempio and Ansteorra.  Gin turned to me and
said "Let's try again," so I did.

The Real question: DOES A COURT HERALD ASK A VIVAT FOR THE NOBLE HOLDING
COURT FOR THEIR MAJESTIES, and if so, WHERE DOES IT COME IN AT?

 MANY, MANY thanks  from a very flustered and highly embarrassed "acting"
court herald..

Moriel^^^