Court Heraldry Question...

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Tue Oct 10 17:39:18 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Nan Bradford-Reid to All]

 NB> And, no, here in Ansteorra King and Queen rule equally, one is not a
 NB> consort.

Catherine,

Not entirely correct.  Yes, the King and Queen rule equally here.  However,
the Consort is still the person who was fought for at Crown and the Sovereign
the person who won the tournament.  Oddly enough, Corpora does not explicitly
define these two offices (Sovereign and Consort) in this fashion, although it
is implied between the lines. (Eimile and I checked both the current and
previous Corpora.)

 NB> During Rowan's reign, I believe she was -- or should have been
 NB> -- acknowledged first.

I assume you mean Rowan's reign as Sovereign <g>.  Yes, she should have been,
and was, acknowledged first (even the scrolls were reworked to accomplish
this).

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable