Nothing Important

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 18 18:46:54 PDT 1995

You wrote:

>Well, I've been busy "listening" to the discussion on the Grand
Council
>mailing list. **verrrry interesting** stuff. I don't remember anyone
>from Ansteorra posting since the GC went to the list format. I guess
our
>reps are inactive. I'd welcome any discussion about the topics the GC
is
>talking about.
>
>Estrill

Your reps are me, Sir Galen Kirchenbauer, and Modius Monsdraconis.  I
haven't posted for a while for a couple of reasons, 1)because I have
been trying to get my e-mail switched over to this new address, and 2)
because it is difficult to keep timely when my job only allows me to
check postings about twice a week.  Some of those discussing things on
the GC list check in several times per day and by the time I have read
the posts and thought of something I feel needs saying, it is no longer
relevant to the current discussion. (as you can tell, I feel that the
current method of GC communicaton needs some fine tuning).  Anyway, the
events of this last weekend may make all of that moot, as I am not sure
that I can give proper attention to the GC and my new position as well.
I may have to give up my GC seat; I'll decide soon.

In the meantime, Modius and I welcome any discussion about GC matters
and will be willing to look at anything you want to give us for posting
to the GC list.  One of the reasons that we have been a little quiet is
that we (I believe I can speak for both of us) feel that we should be
expressing the feelings and opinions of the members of the populace of
the Kingdom and not just our own ideas.  So far tho' getting any
meaningful discussion going has been difficult.  Maybe if some other
people are reading the GC list then we can discuss what they say on
this list thereby increasing the use on this list and also giving me a
better feel for where everyone stands on the issues.  Then I (or
whoever is filling the seat)can make a more useful addition to the
council.  This is an important time in the Society and we need everyone
to participate in charting the course for the future.  I hope I can
count on your support, and most especially your input.

When I first started on the Council, I posted here asking for input and
had Master Aodhan post the method for signing up on the list (then GC
Digest).  I'll see about getting that info reposted so that those who
are interested can sign up on the list.  If you just want to check out
what is happening without filling up your inbox with another mail-list,
Master Aodhan keeps the GC discussions on his BBS (or did before it
changed to listserv, I'm pretty sure he still does....Hmm? Aodhan?)
The info for that was published in the BlackStar.

Galen K.