Nothing Important

Jennifer Kubenka jkubenka at post.cis.smu.edu
Thu Oct 19 00:48:02 PDT 1995

On 18 Oct 95 at 11:21, Mordraut Freyulf wrote:

> Greetings Ansteorra
>         I have noticed that it's been real quite out here lately.  I
>         know
> that alot of the people from Bryn Gwlad have been busy on the BG
> list:-( The question is, what is up with the rest of the Kingdom??
> Mordraut

Let's see...

Trying to research Frankish clothing, from oh, around 800-900 or so,
and not having a whole lot of luck (Anybody with any slight clues,
please email me so we can discuss this -- I already have the Compleat
Anachronist on Women's clothing, #59)

Preparing music packets for the Kingdom Choir/Band Project, which I
will gladly send out to people for a small (VERY small) fee, as
ZahraZena has already posted.  PLease email me with your snail mail
address, and I will let you know what the final fee will be, I
believe that it will be under 2 dollars. I am handling the choral
emphasis of the project.  I will also throw in, for no extra charge,
my "Diction in a Nutshell" sheets; it is an experiment I am trying
with Elfsea's Bardic Guild, wherein I fit diction rules for Latin or
Spanish, or pick another basic language, on one regular page of
paper, in the interest of true choral blend.

I do have mundane qualifications for this kind of work, available
upon request, as I do not wish to clutter up your mail with that sort
of thing.

And I guess I am busy with standard SCA stuff, making clothing,
trying to slowly make my lord Archibald/my campsite more "period",
etc.

Oh, I remembered my final question.  I have this wild idea to make a
series of painted panels to go on their own frame, which will in turn
go around our very ugly, very 20th century tent.  I have absolutely
no experience painting anything (unless you count the emergency tunic
I had to make for my Lord Archibald so that he could fight down at
Opening Weekend at TRF -- I learned a few things, like washing the
cotton helps..., even if there is a nasty time crunch, just a few
hours, to make the thing), so if you've got any words of advice for
me, please email me.  Our personas are late 15th-early 16th century,
so I am also researching designs from this era to paint.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I had a lot to write,

Emher ni Maille, Elfsea

Jennifer D. Kubenka
Series Authority/Monographs Cataloger
Fondren Library