How to Follow the Grand Council's Discussions

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed Oct 18 17:38:29 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of "Mark Harris"  to All]

 "H> Can you please post the information on how to join this Grand Council
 "H> mailing list? This is the first I've heard of it.

Sir Galen and I submitted items to the April Black Star concerning this.  My
portion, which contained the technical-foo, is repeated below, updated to
reflect the current state of affairs.

I would also note that the other Ansteorrans on the GC are Lord Modius
Monsdraconis (modius at dobharchu.org) and Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay
(udsd007 at dsibm.okladot.state.ok.us).  Both Galen and Modius are on my BBS
(Galen frequently, Modius not), so posting something here or in the discussion
area on the BBS should get it to them.

Also, the BBS has a full set of the Chronicles (the digest form) available for
download.  I don't have the maillist form available for download, yet (gotta
find a way to automate that), but they are available in the GCC message area.

 ------
                                Computer Esoterica
                                 by Baron Aodhan
-INTERNET-

If you have access to Internet e-mail, then you can subscribe to the Grand
Council Chronicles.  To subscribe, send a message to:

  LISTSERV at LISTSERV.AOL.COM

and in the body of the message include the following:

  SUBSCRIBE SCAGC-L <your name here>

substituting your SCA or modern name for "<your name here>".  The GC
Chronicle has recently changed from a weekly digest to a moderated maillist,
so you should see messages almost daily.

-BBS-

If you do not have access to the Internet, but do have a computer and
modem, you can read the Grand Council Chronicles via the Lough na Dobharchu
BBS.  Set your modem software for 8 data bits, No Parity, 1 stop bit, and
any speed and dial 1-713-338-2570.  When answering the logon questions,
please use your real name (you can enter your SCA name as an alias, and feel
free to sign messages with your SCA name).  Once you get to the Main Menu,
the following menu choices will take you to the menu from which you can
access the GC Chronicles and the message area to discuss GC issues with Sir
Galen:  S M 2
>From this menu, select option 3 to read the Chronicles or select 4 to follow
the disccusion with Sir Galen.

If you use a local BBS, you can have your Sysop contact me to discuss
carrying the GC Chronicles and the discussion area on their BBS.

In Service,
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, Master of the Laurel
Sysop - Lough na Dobharchu BBS  Fido 1:106/22.0
aodhan at dobharchu.org

-------

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable