Arts and Sciences Competition

Randy Shipp rshipp at molly.hsc.unt.edu
Thu Oct 26 06:44:59 PDT 1995

It was written:

>  "S> It seems to me that a good and conscientious Crown, being wise enough
>  "S> to  recognize his strengths (and to employ them for his subjects),
>  "S> would also  have wisdom enough to recognize those matters in which
>  "S> his advisors could  better judge.  If an honorable man knows that he
>  "S> cannot fairly judge a  contest, would he not decline to do so, in
>  "S> deference to the assembled  masters of the art?
>
> Antoine,
>
> Or could it be that the Crown, when asked by Their Kingdom Minister of Arts &
> Sciences to judge this part of the Competetion, being inclined to trust his
> judgement in these matters, could find no reason to refuse?
>
> Aodhan

I may not understand you correctly, but I think that you are reinforcing
my point.  It would be giving the Crown the proper benefit of the doubt
to assume that if the King were asked to judge by his advisor (who should
be able to know whether that King is in a position to judge the
competition), then the King is wise enough to weigh that advice.  What I
am saying is that if the Crown decides, after proper thought, that he is
fit to judge, then he probably is.

In Service,

Antoine D'Aubernoun
mka Randy Shipp