GoR: who has 'em in the RoP & why

lorraine stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Oct 2 20:50:39 PDT 1995

>To be clearer on my question, here's two different entries from the Roll
>of Precedence, showing only their Grant level awards.
>
>Anne Louise of Bluecastle - Barony 07/31/82 the Steppes
>                            GoR    01/07/84
>
>Bjorn Magnusson Esping - Barony 10/20/79 Baron Namron
>                         CSM    11/18/79
>                         CIM    10/09/82
>                         GoR    10/20/79
>
>The first one shows someone receiving a Grant two years after becoming a
>landed baroness. The second one shows someone receiving a barony and a
>grant on the same date. I could list *many* more examples of both of
>these two circumstances.
>
>So why? Is it a case of "ohmighod, the scroll didn't *say* grant, so we
>better award them a GoR"? Or, is it a case of poor research? Or is it a
>case of the belief that *both* the barony *and* the grant had to be
>recorded in the roll of precedence?
>
>Estrill

It looks as though  the lady recieved her GoR when she stepped down (in
effect adding the GoR to her now Court Barony) and that Bjorn  recieved the
Court Barony/GoR when he stepped up as baron.  I think it must be a case of
different Crowns award different awards in different ways. I'll drop a note
to Aohdan and talk to Kief to see what the deal is. It may be a past way of
dealing with the Landed/Court/GoR issue.

Is your OP the newest version?

Lorraine