Early Dance

LANGJ at mail.syntron.com LANGJ at mail.syntron.com
Fri Oct 20 12:23:34 PDT 1995

                                           12:59:15    Friday, 20 October 1995

         Yesterday, Duncan wrote:

        >What about gypsies?  They seem to be found all over Europe at any
        >given time.  They may not fit the billing of "professional dance
        >troupe", but what the hey, right?  We're fishing for ideas!

         That *is* one of the types of ideas that I'd hoped for!  I hadn't
         though specifically of Gypsies, but they fit the mold very well.
         There is little record of the presence of the Romany in Western
         Europe in early period, but they were not the only nomadic group
         then or since.
         It certainly represents a whole new avenue of enquiry.

         When there is enough information flowing around the kingdom, I
         shall establish an event in the area where such a function might
         be held.
         I'm still hoping for more input from the kingdom's dance experts.

         Bran
         (retired somebody)

         Jim Langley                   |  yclept:
         Senior Hardware Engineer      |
         Syntron Product Development   |  Bran de Tintreak
         Syntron Inc.                  |  - Stargate
         langj at .syntron.com            |  (713) 869-1310