definition: types of Principalities

Patricia Horton horton at dhostwo.convex.com
Thu Oct 26 13:30:35 PDT 1995

>Thanks Maire for answering part of what I wanted to know. I guess
>the rest of the question is "Why would you set up a principality
>one way or the other?" Is a Crown Principality an incipent Principality?
>Do all regions wanting to be Principalities go through a period of being
>a Crown Principality first? Or do some regions simply choose to be a Crown
>Principality rather than a Principality?
>
>Thanks.
>Stefan li Rous

Not all principalities are Crown Principalities first, in fact I would say
most start out as a full Principality. Not sure why you would want to start
as a Crown Principality.... I really think it has to do with the feelings
in the region and how seriously they want to split into a Principality
and how well it goes when they approach the Kingdom. The Crown Principality
seems to be a comprimise until all the emotions simmer down. I know the
Crown Principality in Nordmark is a comprimise until all the issues are
settled for full Principality status (which is the goal).

Oh, and by the way, I was corrected by Eilis (Thanks!). She told me you
don't need to go through all the Governing Doc stuff to become a Crown
Principality, you just have the Incipient Crown Principality, the Kingdom
and the Board agree....  Then you go through the Governing doc motions to
become a full Principality.

Maire