Arts and Sciences Competition

eric brown caladin at io.com
Thu Oct 26 21:18:49 PDT 1995

>Who is going to win - the musician who performs a subtle but difficult piece
>unknown to the Crown, or the musician who performs a lively but easy dance
>piece that Their Highnesses have heard and enjoyed previously?  Again, no
>disrespect is meant to the Crown - it is simply human nature to judge things
>outside of one's areas of expertise by a simpler set of criteria.

I always assumed the crown would call in people who did have clue to help,
the "royal 'what ar those dot with flags on the lines for' minister" or
something...

really tho, I just assumed

A. If the crown had no clue about something, they'd ask for informed opinions,

B. You "music people" had your own contest's about subtle musical stuff
while we were off "conducting" experiments on each other with rattan..

Caladin
  Caladin Ironhearth,            |  Eric W. Brown
  Bryn Gwlad,                    |  3229 Parkhills Dr.
  Scotland, 1595                 |  Austin, Tx, 78746