Need some Info

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Mon Oct 30 04:42:27 PST 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Sara Bairrington  to All]

 SB> Could anyone get me the full names and titles of the knights that
 SB> Duchess Rowan made in her reign?  A friend of my was the first knight
 SB> in  the Known World to be knighted by a Queen's hand (Mistress Sir
 SB> Trude of  Lacklandia, I believe) and he wants to find out if there is
 SB> a place in the  SCA for a brotherhood of Knights who have been
 SB> knighted by a Queen's hand.

Your Excellency,

During the reign of Rowan and Hector, *no-one* was admitted to the Order of
the Chivalry.

Rowan was not herself a knight during their previous reigns and they have not
ruled since.

However, Sir Cyf was knighted by the Crown she and Finn succeeded (Sigmund)
and during their reign they Knighted Sigmund the Wingfooted (yes, the King who
preceeded them) and Torin Ertheshert.  I have no information as to who
actually perfomred the knightings, so you'd need to check with Finn & Cyf.
Sigmund was knighted at their Coronation, so they were both there.  Torin was
knighted in early January, most likely at Steppes Twelfth Night (or a very
late Stargate Yule, as they lived in the Stargate if memory serves me).

I suspect your friend may be in a very exclusive club.

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan, Zodiacus
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable