song lyrics

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Tue Oct 31 16:49:02 PST 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Hollie Hoffman to All]

 HH> A couple of Gulf Wars ago (GW II, I think) at an Ansteorran bardic
 HH> circle you guys all sang this one filk song a couple of times a
 HH> night.  It was done to the tune of "Circles" and all I can remember
 HH> of the lyrics was the line "Around and around and around went the bar
 HH> room."  I would really appriciate having the rest of the lyrics.  If
 HH> any of you know it would you please send them to me either personally
 HH> or on this list, whichever you feel is appropriate.

Ananda,

I sincerely hope you are not intending to perform this filk in SCA bardic
venues.  It is a science fiction filk song and has absolutely no place in the
SCA.

I'm personally rather embarrassed that two Ansteorran peers would sing this
(and worse) at any event, much less Gulf and Pennsic Wars, where it would be
some folks only impression of Ansteorrans.

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable