Pippin and Caitlin

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Mon Sep 18 07:24:41 PDT 1995

Hossein,
	Thank you for your note.  The accident seems to have been pretty
horrific, although the last belief that I received, from people who are
more in the loop than I, was that she didn't suffer any.  I fervently
hope this is true.
	I haven't yet found out any details regarding a funeral or memorial
service, but if they have not already appeared here, I will pass them along.

	While I didn't know Caitlin, other than at the "met at events
familiarity", I can tell by the reactions of those around me who did
(including my wife) that her loss shall be deeply felt for some time to
come.
	Pippen, however, is someone whom've I've greatly respected and
genuinely liked for many years, although, I haven't known him as well
as I might have liked.  I wish there was some way that his pain could
be eased, but I am at a loss.  He has people far closer to him than I
who are doing all they can to help.  It can even be, perhaps rightly,
argued that it's not the "job" of the more distant aquaintances to try
and usurp the place of his closer friends.  But the emotions remain.
	It seems though that all too often we can do nothing for the dead
than to honor them, mourn their loss and not forget what they have brought
us.  It is for the living we must remain firm.
	I'm sorry for the "Ose-ness" of this note.  I'm just trying to
fumble through the confused feelings that death so often brings about.

Diarmuit/Marc