SCA near Rice University?

dr Hoffpauir env_drh at SHSU.edu
Thu Aug 1 06:18:57 PDT 1996

>............ I do not want to stop practicing over the next year and was
>wondering what the closest Stargate group to Rice U. is, and where it
>meets, and who I can contact.
>

>			Many, many thanks,
>		Fionnghal inghean Tormoid Mhor mhic Leoid
>			mka Mairi Macleod Reyer

        I think you'll find lots of helpful folk once you've moved to
Houston.  One place to start is with the Collge of Twr Cath.  They are
central to University of Houston, but you'll find that folks from all over
Stargate are involved.  It's been awhile and things may have changed, but
heavy practice was on Monday and Sir William of Weir is usually there solely
to train new fighters.  Light weapons is (I think) on Wednesday.

        The Senechal is Jothan Firesteed.  Her number (from the _Black
Star_) is 713-923-8591.

        Since you are headed for Pennsic, I'll see you there.  Look for the
Raven's Fort/ Bordermarch crowd in the Ansteorran encampment.  We'll make
you welcome (there may even be a token Stargater in the bunch).

David St. David, Raven's Fort

David R. Hoffpauir        | We'll gae down by Clouden's side,
-Oracle/GIS DBA           | Through the hazel spreading wide,
                          | O'er the waves that sweetly glide,
-Texas Regional Institute | Tae the moon so clearly.
for Environmental Studies |    -Robert Burns
-Sam Houston St. Univ     |
Huntsville, TX 77341      |
env_drh at shsu.edu          |
(409) 294-3976            |