quarterstaffs

Bill Marx billm at teleport.com
Fri Aug 2 11:17:15 PDT 1996

> Well fellow fighters...a question has been asked! "...can we develop a method
> to allow 'quarterstaff' style combat?" Maybeso, even "quarterstaves" themselvs!
> Kief here... Does anyone wish to volunteer a bit of their time to look into
> this?
>
> In service to Home and Kingdom...
>
> Kief
>
> "Maleus Potius Clavo..."

Please note that I am a rapier Fighter. Also please note that I believe that
the quarterstaff is one of the greatest weapons ever used. With saying that
please note that there is NO WAY IMHO to make it safe for our style of
combat. Imaginein the heat of battle Sir Whitebelt takes up the end of the
staff and gives you the butt end of it right in your helm. That would either
take your head off or punch right through whatever helm you care to wear.
there are fighters here in AnTir who have worked with it and have proven it
to be patently UNSAFE.
yours in Service
Lord Guillermo da Sierra Patace
Gallant to Her Grace Hlutwige