Should Ansteorra have a WWW Page?

Caitrin3 at aol.com Caitrin3 at aol.com
Sun Aug 4 08:37:35 PDT 1996

Greetings one and all,
(yes even the weirdo's).  Why do people talk so much about an issue, when
most likely, it should be handled as you handle it without computers.  If
someone asks me about the SCA, I generally give them my home phone, the time,
address, and days of our meetings and fighter practices.  This is because
most people don't want to show up without someone they have at least met.  We
can be a bit overpowering to a newcomer.  My phone number is on our flyer
that is handed out quit often around Eldern.  But first I gave permission for
this to occur.  Now, I don't give my address to someone wanting information.
If someone really wants my address though, I'm sure that they can find it, it
is after all listed in many places.  I'm the type of person that if I really
don't want you there, I will ask you to leave.
Why not go back to common courtesy?  I'm refering to the common courtesy of
asking someone to give out their information.  I ask if I can give out
someone else's phone number before I do it.  I don't tell people where others
live or invite them to someone else's house, that is just rude.  You want to
use my e-mail address, I don't care.  I can deal with the cranks or the
sincere ones who post e-mail to me.  There, now I've given permission.  I can
only hope that it is used with honor and respect.

To this Dream that I love playing,
Catrin Mac Cracken
Caitrin3 at aol.com