Why we need info on the Web

Amber Wilkinson fredw at airmail.net
Fri Aug 2 14:20:34 PDT 1996

This is what it comes down to for me right now: I am unemployed. I am
a college student. I have a 4 month old son. My parents pay for all of
my and his neccesities, but they do NOT pay for SCA, or gas to get to
events. My only source of income right now is mowing every few weeks,
which gets me $20. My truck needs $16 for a tank of gas (4 hours
driving), leaving me with $4 to play with. With memberships at $35, it
will be probably 6 months or a year before I have the barest possibility
of getting one, as much as I want the newsletters and TI. I can't even
put up the few bucks for the Barony newsletter right now. And, since I
have that 4 month old, I don't get out often enough to have many
contacts yet. My only reliable link to what's going on is the Steppes
web page. Without it, I would probably have already given up on this
whole SCA thing for lack of information.
As for the privacy issue, when you become an officer of the SCA, an
IRS-registered educational organization (for what it's worth), you
are stepping forward to represent the group. People need to be able to
call someone to ask stupid questions, like "Where is Arlington? I've
never been there. How do you get there from here?"

my 2 cents, anways.
--
Amber/Heather
confused pagan, bard, Amtgardian, and SCAdian
fredw at airmail.net