Quarterstaffs

Homewrkr2 at aol.com Homewrkr2 at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 13:09:58 PDT 1996

>t's not terribly likely on the rapier field. Too much chance of injury, to
>say nothing of not being particularly historically accurate.
>
>     -Tivar Moondragon

   This is true. I was told about a Rialto file containing information on why
quarterstaffs are not allowed. (Now as I am Lost, I am still working on how
to get ahold of it) I plan to read through this. What I am wondering (and
this might get answered in the file) is mostly is there a way? (I ask this
question a lot)

   I am a firm believer in there is always a solution. There is never an
unsolvable problem or an unanswerable question. (I'm probably going to get a
lot of riddles off that...) I just have to think of it or find it. I would
like to see quarterstaff fighting. Maybe separate from actual field combat
same as epee vs schlager (sp? accuracy? Warning, I don't know a d*** thing
about what I'm discussing, please don't take any offense, or take this as
fact!)
I'm probably too new to work on this right now, but eventually, I would like
to see it, even if it's just in a demo only type format. I think it would be
a fun style to fight.

Lost, (who is now going to wait in the corner for the spanking he probably
deserves :-)