Group Origins was Re: SCA near Rice

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Thu Aug 8 14:10:24 PDT 1996

Greetings, again!!

        It has been wonderful to hear about how other groups have started.
It is sad to recall how many our friends are no longer on this Earth, but it
helps to remind us of just how precious our friends are, as well as how
precious our "Dream" is.
        Perhaps we should keep this in mind when we are tempted to react to
problems within our groups with haste and anger.  How many groups have been
ripped asunder by petty jealousies, domination by factions without regards
to the overall welfare of the community, bitter gossips, and by those who
speak cruel words without thought to their consequences?

        It is so much better to appreciate the differences in people, work
out problems, speak directly, privately, and without rancor to someone whose
behavior offends, and allow room for error without claiming "conspiricy!!".

I want to hear more stories about other groups, households, etc.  and their
beginnings.  Although I have been around in Southern Ansteorra for a long
time, I finally got a chance to travel North at Coronation. A historian or a
Bard could make good use of some of these stories;-).

Zahra Zena