Group Origins

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Thu Aug 8 16:43:00 PDT 1996

>> I want to hear more stories about other groups, households, etc.  and
their
beginnings.  Although I have been around in Southern Ansteorra for a long
time, I finally got a chance to travel North at Coronation. A historian or a
Bard could make good use of some of these stories;-). <<

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! (and have been, off&on, since AS
XIII).

Ask me to perform the _extended_  version of "Legend's Birthing" the next
time you see me, m'lady. Too long for normal bardic circles, more serious
than the "historical" verses of "The Rising of the Star". (Offer is
cheerfully extended to all interested parties, of course.) I'll tell such
other tales as I have heard of times in Ansteorra, some dating to an era
even before I found this bounteous land.

If I have the right papers along, there is also a song or two from early
Moonshadow that may be of interest.

(Estrill, if you are listening: is "Lord-Lurker" still performed up there?
NOT  my work, but I was entrusted with a copy long & long ago...)

Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)  s.k.a. Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri
al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!