Stupid Laurel Trick No. 43

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Aug 26 18:08:26 PDT 1996

><< Indeed, for SOME apprentices (say, young knights-in-training, or
> even worse, pelicanlets) this would indeed be problematic.  However, since
> Laurels' apprentices are trained to be able to cope with their
> master/mistress immediately following Laurel Circles, when the average
> Laurel is at the most dangerous, being surly, snappish, uncommunicative and
> liable to bite, I think that they possess the neccessary reflexes and timing
> to be able to handle this type of assignment with aplomb >>
>

>Dear Viking Answer Lady,
>
>You speak of the training of the Pelicanlets.........hmmmmm I wonder if I
>have seen one of those elusive creatures.  The full grown Pelican is enough
>of a mystery to me, much less a pelicanlet.  Can you tell me just *where* a
>Pelican comes from and how the hell you train one?
>
>confused and wondering in Northkeep

Gentle Reader,

        It is obvious that you have not set foot in a kitchen in way too
long.  The Pelicanlets are the ones stirring (and sometimes swimming in) the
hot water.  The Pelicans are roosting under the trees in the shade bitching
about how this kingdom wouldn't exist if it were not for their past efforts
at stirring (and swimming in) the hot water.

        Unfortunately, the training of these rare birds is an ornithological
mystery.  However, The Viking Answer Lady DOES wonder what happens when one
flies a hawk at a Pelican???  Hmmmm..... I shall have to ask my son to assay
the experiment! (Which will then bring us to the question of whether
Pelicans are good eating, an excercise in deduction I leave for the
interested reader!)

---The Viking Answer Lady

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva