Ansteorra HR Rules

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sun Aug 4 21:43:05 PDT 1996

The Ansteorran HR rules are signed. Go forth and play safely.

Oh, a note to you Ansteorrans out there, the Authorizing
marshals are:

Northern - Stephen Hawkins, Cyril Northstar
Central - Don Aubrey, Alexander Perigrin, Joachim
West - Kaliegh Drake, Eisen
Southern - Otto, Don Horoun, Don Savein
Costal - Don~a Leigh, Don Durmast (Surprise, Mouse!)

I have one open slot in Costal, If you want to apply, write me
or e-mail me.

If you can manage it, we prefer that you be authorized in your
region (where they know you). THe others CAN authorize you, but
they will be taking a very close look indeed if they are not
already familiar with your fighting.

Oh, BTW, you do not need any sort of Rapier Authorization to go
for HR. It REALLY helps though, because the HR rules are based
on the Ansteorran Rapier Rules, so you will be tested on both
(except those parts specific to epees and foils) when you try to
authorize HR. Even just knowing the Armored stuff will help you
because at least you will know our kingdom conventions of
combat.

Anyway, the folks listed above are just coming into office and
some of them don't have the materials or warrants they need, so
they might not be able to authorize you for a few weeks yet. In
the mean time, you can practice at fighter practice, review the
rules and get ready for your tests. Please be safe.

If you care about the setup, the HR Marshal will report directly
to the Earl Marshal from now on. The Regionals report to the HR
Marshal and everyone else reports to them (this is typical
here). HR is not a part of the Rapier Marshalate, but we will CC
our reports to that office and generally share information so
we can spot and deal with problems more quickly.

I've left out tons of stuff, but I have to leave SOMETHING for
the rumor mill to chew on...

Don Savein, HR Marshal, Ansteorra