SCA near Rice University?

dr Hoffpauir env_drh at SHSU.edu
Wed Aug 7 06:06:20 PDT 1996

Fionnghal,

        One place on campus at Rice where SCAers occationally hang out is
the campus pub.  On Fridays it's kind of cool.  A lot of hip Phds. and
fried-brain students hang out on the lawn pitching frisbies and discussing
nuclear fission. Friday is when they clean the taps, I guess, because they
usually feature a new beer every week.

        Valhalla is what they call it (where souls of fried-brain academics
gather following defeat in battle, is the logic, I think).  They have an
Ardvark skeleton behind the bar, a bar-tender from the 60's, and a mural
that somehow incorporates human anatomy, coefficients, and the elemental
tables.  Best of all, it's in the basement of the Chapel.

D.st.D., Raven's Fort

David R. Hoffpauir        | We'll gae down by Clouden's side,
-Oracle/GIS DBA           | Through the hazel spreading wide,
                          | O'er the waves that sweetly glide,
-Texas Regional Institute | Tae the moon so clearly.
for Environmental Studies |    -Robert Burns
-Sam Houston St. Univ     |
Huntsville, TX 77341      |
env_drh at shsu.edu          |
(409) 294-3976            |