Group Origins was Re: SCA near Rice

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Thu Aug 8 15:02:00 PDT 1996

Estrill corrected me upon an important detail:

> A small correction: it is Muldona of Maubla.

Well, crumb. Thank you for the correction.

Those Maublans always were hard to pin down, anyway. <fond memories of
antics>
I do know that my earliest records record the house-name in a member's own
hand as "(mumble)" instead of Maubla.

(For those not present, a brief explanation: associates of Maubla usually
passed a hand across their mouth just at the moment of speaking the
house-name. It did, indeed, *sound* like "( mumble)"...)

>> Are there others that I have lost contact with that are in need of
>> special memory?
> Not any that I am aware of from the old timers. However, there has been
> one new person that was lost to us: Talen & Treschen's son Alexander.

A very young man I only remember having seen once, but whose joy I know is
sadly missed.

At some future distance of time and emotion, I plan on creating an
appropriate bard-piece as a memorial for these and the other "northern"
losses of recent note.  Not now. Not enough time has passed, and too much.
For now, I will wait.

And strive all the more to remember.

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!