Reminiscing

Deborah Dixon janessia at cris.com
Thu Aug 8 16:58:13 PDT 1996

I have read a great deal of reminscing of founding groups and the good old
days. (I get the digest, so it was a concentrated dose.)

Made me a little homesick and thought of those who brought me in and those I
worked with back when I lived in Ansteorra.

I started out in Shadowlands back in '84, brought in by Winter Hills Holt
and (then) Lady Rowan, among others. Now even though most of these folks are
in other Kingdoms, and I am in Meridies, I have managed to at least keep in
touch with them. I just wish they'd get email!

After graduation, I moved on to Stargate, where Lissa and Gerrod and Rowan
and various others helped me to adjust to "life in the big c/i/t/y Barony".
With the folks from Dragon Shadow and William the Bear and Catherine
Blackrose and their people (and Nastasja and Ivan and whoever else I have
forgotten to mention), I got to help to start (then) Dun Bruadhair. Not too
terribly long after, the fates sent me to Meridies.

Odd for me to look at the officer listings for Stargate and Shadowlands and
Dun Bruadhair (under whatever the latest heraldic name is). I know some of
the names, but so many have changed.

I have enjoyed seeing the familiar names posting here, though. <waving at
Kief and Lorraine and Zahra Zena and Kathri>

For those who knew me, I am now happily ensconced in the heart of Meridies.
I currently live in the Canton of Owl's Nest (Marietta, GA), and chronicle
from time to time. I am still costuming and list mistressing as time allows.
I event with my lord, Yesugai Naran (some of you met him at Rhodri and
Caitlin's wedding) more than I was ever able to back home. One of these
day's I will be moving to the Barony of Osprey (Mobile, AL).

Thanks for letting me reminisce out loud.

Janessia
Deborah Dixon
janessia at cris.com