(Fwd) One for the books

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Aug 11 11:14:47 PDT 1996

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Larkin O'Kane <larkin at apache.webstar.net>
... well, "forwarded with premeditation and malice aforethought",
the following ... *THING*! ... (oh, the horror!  the horror!)

> Cc: minstrel at pbm.com
> From:          erilarlo at win.bright.net (MaryLO)
> >Seven survivors   cast away, stranded,
> >Gathered by fate on   Gilligan's Island.

Let me point out a couple of small sections of the SCA, Inc.,
governing documents:

Corpora VI.A.i.h:

            (3) Absolute banishment may only be imposed when the
       person has endangered public health or safety, or disturbed the
       peace of an event in a manner which would make it reasonable
       for the civil authorities to be called in for assistance.
       Absolute banishment bars the banished person from attending
       events entirely. ...

I would call "endangering mental health", "disturbing the peace", and
doing actions that justify calling the police would qualify under this
section.  Governing and Policy Decision #10:

    10. REVOCATION/DENIAL OF MEMBERSHIP (August 1985, Rev. October
    1989 & January 1991)

    1. The Board will consider a request for revocation or denial of
    membership in the Society as provided in Article V.C.3(4) of the
    By-Laws, under any of the following circumstances:

     a. Petition to the Board by 30% or more of the membership of the
        kingdom of residence of the person being considered for such
        revocation or denial who are currently members of the Society;
     b. Petition by a majority of the kingdom great officers and peers
        of the kingdom of residence who are currently members of the
        Society;
     c. The recommendation of a duly-constituted kingdom court.
     d. Documentation of cause for absolute banishment.

I'm afraid that getting 50% of the great officer and peers, or 30% of
the kingdom, would require distributing that ... that ...
*EXCRESCENCE*! ... much more widely.  However, I'm sure that anyone who
saw it would gladly sign such a petition.  Does anyone on the list
have an "in" with the royals to get a Court of Inquiry set up?  Sounds
like an open-and-shut case to *me*.

Excuse me, I have to go to the doctor now.  My tongue is so deep in my
cheek that I have to have surgery to get it extracted.

--
Daniel de Lincoln
                             Tim McDaniel
                   Work account is mcdaniel at cpm.com