minstrel: Re: (Fwd) One for the books

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Aug 11 17:03:28 PDT 1996

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Wally and Mechelle Waltner <waltner at solon.com>
wrote:
> Begging your pardon, good gentle, but even in jest that came across
> in a very threatening manner.  I do not believe that one should
> speak of such a serious matter as banishment/denial of membership
> unless one means what he says.
>
> I would think carefully before speaking, even facetiously, of such a
> thing again.

It was certainly not my intent to cause offense with my comments, or
to threaten, or to seriously suggest banishment!

Let me just say then that I enjoyed ... no, that's not the right word
... it was good ... no, not that either ... it, erm, made quite an
impression on me, yes, that's it, quite an impact indeed.  It, um,
will be a long time until I am able to forget it.  You don't see that
quality of work much any more.

--
Daniel de Lincoln
                             Tim McDaniel