Pennsic XXV

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Tue Aug 20 08:23:09 PDT 1996

Just got back from Pennsic (pant pant) boy is that a long drive!!!

Here are a few of the HIGH points.

Of the battles we won all but one. One, bridge attle was lost when we
(Ansteorra) broke through the bridge but were not supported by the reserves.
It was a micommunication between commanders.  The second bridge battle had
no such problem...  HRM pesonally help capture the netral banner in the
woods battle the walked it right by two different large groups of Eastern
fighters.  The overall result was a9 to 7 win for the Middle when the
champions battls and archery points were added in.  The king of the middle
personally came to our camp and thanked us, saying the the middle could not
have won without us.

Ansteorra had approx. 200 persons in attendance this year.  Camp was rilly
tight.  Bravo to Sir Kien for bringing the matterials so the we could build
a four story castle tower on sight.  The flags of our King and Queen could
be seen from anywhere on the pennsic site as our tower was the tallest
construction on the site.

At the Ansteorra court there were many awards given, I will just name a few
as I can't remember the all
Vivat to Badon and Gitana as the two newest Baron(ess) to the court of
Ansteorra!
And to our newest member of the Chivalry Sir Daniel Blackaxe, knighted on
the field of battle at Pennsic XXV.

That all I can remember for now.  I think I am going to sleep for a week.

Burke McCrory
burkemc at ionet.net
aka. Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald