Stefan's Files for Septembe

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Aug 26 12:03:48 PDT 1996

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

Here is the article for September on my SCA Rialto Files:

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are online.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files that have been added this past month:

heraldry-msg         Heraldry in the SCA.
iron-pot-care-msg    Seasoning and caring for iron pots and skillets.
iwandpc-msg          Ink wells and pencases.
sugar-msg            Sugar and other medieval sweeteners.
West-rapier-msg      The banning of fencing by HRM Jade and Juana.

To provide a counterpoint to the comments of their HRMs of the West who
consider fencing a "disease" and "emulating the practices of street thugs",
I would like to mention the files in my COMBAT-RAPIER section:

ATFRCGuide           An Tir Fiberglass Rapier Construction Guide.
bucklers-msg         Bucklers (small shields) in period and SCA.
fencing-art          Review of Edgar Castle's fencing books.
fencing-msg          SCA rapier combat.
merch-rapier-msg     Merchants who sell rapier and fencing gear.
p-rapier-msg         Period rapiers and tactics.
r-tourn-ideas-msg    Rapier tournament ideas.
rapier-books-msg     Period and modern books on rapier combat.
Silver-1-man         Paradoxes Of Defence. Period rapier manual.
Silver-2-man         Brief Instructions Upon My Paradoxes of Defence.
                        Period rapier manual.
SPD-msg              Silly Parrying Devices for SCA rapier combat

<the end>