Evolution of SCA: wasDrunk and Dis.

SusanKFord at aol.com SusanKFord at aol.com
Fri Dec 6 07:54:02 PST 1996

<<
  I think that we have also seen a shift from
 >early period personas to later period personas.  This is perhaps the most
 >difficult challenge I see facing us over the next few years.  As people get
 >better at recreating the later period cultures I think we may see the death
 >of the earlier period cultures, much like it happened in medieval Europe.

I don't think this is entirely true.  There are a lot of us early period
people. Even if I were to change personas, I would stay early period. The
challenge of ferreting out information on early periods will always appeal to
a certain segment.

I was wandering through Borders History section and mentioned to Tangwen that
it would be so easy to have a post 1066 persona, (looking at all the Life
in... books, and others) and she replied that it would be too easy and
boring.  I agree.

Also, where else can you have a persona of a single woman that isn't anyone's
property, can own property, or can be divorced? I specifically looked for a
culture that treated women (their own women, at least) better than your
average medieval housewife.

Sigrid