Mead Brewing?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 9 06:18:02 PST 1996

>> 	You can also just wait it out and let the little yeasties go to
>> alchohole tolerance and die.  At that point if you want to sweeten
>> the mead you may do so without a worry of shatterd bottles or
>> blown corks.
> Viable yeast cells have been recovered from wine bottles more than
> one hundred years old.

In those cases had the yeast gotten to alcohol tolerence or simply ran
out of food/sugar? Since most wine references I seen suggest to get the
SG down as close to 1.000 as possible, I would think that they simply
didn't have any more sugar to convert.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something