Help stamp out a SCA evil!!!

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Tue Dec 10 07:33:50 PST 1996

Greetings friends!

It has come to my attention that there is an alarming trend in this
mighty Kingdom of Ansteorra.  It is unfortunate that it has come down
to this, an attempt at public shaming, to try and solve this problem.
More and more at events I notice people have been abusing...(oh, dare I
say it?), Gold Lame'!

It's an alarming trend, and needs to be discussed!  I don't mind people
indulging themselves in their mudane life, but we have impressionable
children at events!  Is this the example we want to set for future
generations of SCA'ers?

We need to make an effort to let these deluded fools know that Gold
Lame' is _not_ Cloth of Gold!  It is a shiny, sparkly fabric designed,
I think, by the lord of evil himself!  These poor souls are being
seduced into the dark side of costuming!  Before you know it they will
be making Elizibethan dresses and Norse tunics out of polyester
taffeta!

Plus, we also have to consider the safty risks.  We all know that our
SCA insurance is shaky, at best.  The last thing we need is for a site
to go up in flames because of Gold Lame' Friction Build-up(tm)!  We are
only a trews length away from that tragedy!

Help stamp out the use of this vile acetate!

In service to the All-Natural-Fiber Dream!

Gio

p.s.  Also be on the look-out for the spawn of Gold Lame'--Silver Lame'
and the scores of... *shudder*, printed lame' fabrics!

VIVAT!!!!!!! Well said Gio!

          Rhiain