Kein, You Better Run

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Wed Dec 11 18:04:07 PST 1996

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

> Heilsa, Kein.
>
>         Say, I just saw two wagonsloads of priests of your White Christ
> trundling down the road towards your home.  One was filled with a large
> stake and bundles of firewood, the other full of the funny White Christers
> with the back and grey robes, and they were using strange words in
> Ansteorran that I couldn't understand, such as "heresy," "witchcraft,"
> "vampirism," "Inquisition," and "rank is no protection."
>
>         This does not seem to bode well, Sir Kein.  If it were me, I think
> that Hedeby is lovely this time of year, and of course, the longships are
> always ready.  But perhaps these were a troupe of players you summoned for
> your amusement?

These priests have wrecked havok on my surfs.  You wouldn't believe what
it took to keep them from following with torches, et. al.

Can't you keep these non-Christian practices quiet like everyone else?
Next thing you know, the Bishop will start poking into what happens on
this manor during Midwinter's.

Kateryn
Heatherford Manor